Tuesday, December 11, 2012

2005 Impreza headlight bulb replacement (again)

Two days short of a year after I replaced the Sylvania XVs on my Impreza, I had to do it again. I hadn't been paying attention, so one bulb may have burned out long ago. I just know that I had to drive home well after sunset with neither bulb working. The cool thing is while I was checking for a blown fuse at work before heading out, a fellow Subie driver wandered over to see if I needed help.

Once again, I chose the Sylvania XVs over the generic H1s at Canadian Tire, for a cost of $10 extra per pair. I like how bright they are, but I'll be on the lookout for bulbs that last longer.

It was not as warm this time, but at least it wasn't windy or raining. Also, I've upgraded my headlamp to a Petzl Tikka XP2, so the lighting situation was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment